Hi there, I'm Deb from Manchester, England & welcome to my brand new craft blog! Those of you who know me will know I allready have a craft blog where I share stamped character images coloured with Distress Inks (just click on the Craftrocks tab above) However I also make cards for Simply Cards & Papercrafts,other craft magazines and have recently started an exciting new venture with LOTV. I usually work in soft pastel colours in a shabby style, expect handmade cards, Scrapbook layouts, Altered Art & more. I love to inspire & be inspired - it would be great to find some fabulous new challenges & blogs to follow. I'd love some followers here too so why not introduce yourself - always happy to answer questions as well as hearing your thoughts & suggestions! Enjoy your visit & call back soon, Deb.x

Thursday 22 August 2013

LOTV Vintage Sentiment 'Just to Say', Card & Box Set - 'Fika' collection by Maja Design

Hi there, today I'm also sharing this card & box set that I made for LOTV & used for my guest design spot I did at Live & Love craft. LLC is a UK store stocking all things vintage & shabby, since it has soon become my favourite craft shop where I can get a big chunk of my crafty supplies. They also have a great inspiration blog for some breath taking vintage inspired makes.
 
 
I decided to make a card and box set using this stunning 'Fika' paper collection by Maja Design in pretty shades of lilac and sage. The sentiment stamp is from the 'Vintage Sentiment - Just to Say' stamp set by LOTV. The rose toppers on the card and front of box and ornate circular frame are clay pieces made with Martha Stewart clay moulds. I mixed a light shade of lilac and pale green from the clay and filled the detailed sections in lilac and background sections in pale green.
 

The card (above) was made using Go Kreate Frilly Frame #5 die, and the box (below) with Spellbinders Nestabilities Fuer de Lies dies and scoring board. The oval card topper is a Spellbinders Floral Ovals die cut from Core'dinations Whitewash cardstock. I also used my new Martha Stewart clay kit to make the frame & corners on the box, and rose topper on the box & card. I mixed the colours to make a pale lilac & pale green, then added the lilac to the details and filled with green background.

 
 
 
I threaded lilac organza ribbon around the holes in the corner of the Feur de Lies die, then tied into a bow. I added white rose trim and lilac lace around the back and sides of the box and madegrungeboard hinges covered in Snow Tex for the front.

 

To the top of the box I applied SnowTex around the clay frame and behind the rose topper on the front. Flowers & berries are mostly kort & godt, lovely lilac spray all available from Live & Love Crafts.


 
Thanks for looking.
xxx

No comments: