Hi there, I'm Deb from Manchester, England & welcome to my brand new craft blog! Those of you who know me will know I allready have a craft blog where I share stamped character images coloured with Distress Inks (just click on the Craftrocks tab above) However I also make cards for Simply Cards & Papercrafts,other craft magazines and have recently started an exciting new venture with LOTV. I usually work in soft pastel colours in a shabby style, expect handmade cards, Scrapbook layouts, Altered Art & more. I love to inspire & be inspired - it would be great to find some fabulous new challenges & blogs to follow. I'd love some followers here too so why not introduce yourself - always happy to answer questions as well as hearing your thoughts & suggestions! Enjoy your visit & call back soon, Deb.x

Thursday 22 August 2013

LOTV Shabby Wedding Card - Bottle Top Art

Hi there and today I'm sharing a card I made for LOTV using there Calendar stamps.
I used these lovely papers by Maja design and made some bottle tops which I just love to make for using on my cards in a veriety of different ways. Here I hammered 5 bottle tops and treated them to shabby white, shabby pink & shabby ble Frantage embossing powders.
 
 
I made the corners with Martha Stewart clay moulds by mixing white with a little blue, I then distressed with Picket Fence Distress Stain. I ripped the paper edges, then inked with Pumice Stone and Antique Linen Distess Inks using a blemding tool for an aged effect, I then distressed slightly with the edges of the scissors and stiched around edges the sewing machine.
 
 
The strip is Core'dinations Whitewash cardstock embossed with Cuttle Bug embossing folder, raised section and edges have been lightly distressed with sand paper. The circular bottle top centeres have been cut from old book paper, the LOTV sentiment has been stamped onto Maja papers, cut out and mounted on the bottle top with foam pads. The last top has a Tim Holtz metal lock that has been distressed with Picket Fence Disterss Stain.
 
 
Underneath the strip I added some ripped coreogated card covered in Picket FenceCrackle Paint, banner shapes, inked and ditressed with a slightly shaped end, Shabby White Frantage and Prima Say it in Crystal pearls. Finished with Wedding carriage charm, twine & flowers.
 
Thanks for looking.
xxx

No comments: